3.05.2009

Out with the Old, In with the New

I discovered this morning that bananas can be a lot more points than i thought possible! I guess I had bought some ginormous bananas or something – check this baby out!

DSCF0130can you read the screen on my food scale? 4 – that right – FOUR points for that sucker. i’d already put the pictured banana’s cousin in my oatmeal before I thought to weigh it – otherwise i’d have only used half!

 

My KERF-inspired oatmeal this morning was tasty – i think, though, that the almond butter and the walnuts are redundant and I shall do one or the other from now on.

DSCF0131This 11-pt breakfast did tide me over fairly well – though I think I could’ve used more protein in it. My mix:

  • Ocean Spray Instant Oatmeal, Cranberry Orange Muffin

  • 1pt’s worth of craisins

  • 1pt's worth of walnuts

  • 1 tsp (1 pt)Naturally More Almond Butter

  • 1 ginormous 4-pt banana, mushed.

I had a 2pt Pumpkin Spice Kashi TLC bar at work during my break and a 1pt clementine when I came home from work.

 

Hubby and I went in search of a pair of casual every day shoes for him and a few things for the house (like a new duvet and sheet set!). While we were out we stopped at Firehouse Subs for lunch. WOW! was it yummy! I had the Engineer, which is 8pts w/o mayo and cheese. Also, I had my first diet Coke that I’ve had in weeks and weeks. If I’d had realised they had bottles of vitamin water, i’d have opted for that instead.

After lunch, we headed out to NFM to pick up our new furniture! yay!

first, to contrast, take a look at our old, hand-me-down couch!

DSCF0132bleh. gross. our new furniture is cute though!

 DSCF0136Lovely deep seat couch!

DSCF0150And an oversized chair with matching Ottoman.These of course had to be Kitty approved before they were allowed to stay! ;-)

Our new furniture was bought to co-ordinate with our existing chair – a retro piece which has pretty much *always* been at my grandma’s house – since time immemorial! When she decided to sell her house, I took the chair!

This is how it used to look: Well, I couldn’t find a picture of how it used to look, but did find one of the reupholstery project in progress. The cushion is how it used to look and the frame is how it looks now:

DSCF1653

 

it was kind of an off-white/eggshell color with silver sparkly threads running through.

LR cropsee, now isn’t that better?

 

After all this excitement, hubby and I went to see Coraline. It was pretty good, but I think i really need to watch it again. At the theater, we had a coupon for a free drink, so I got a diet Coke; and we were both peckish so we shared a salted pretzel with cheese dip (about 5pts).

Just now, after returning home, hubby heated up some bean-only chili I made yesterday. For me, 1/2 cup chili with 1 tsp 2% milk cheese and 10 unsalted top crackers. not bad at all for only about 3.5 pts!

On the way home from the movie, I learned a big secret that I can’t talk about yet – but it’s a good secret and I’ll be able to talk about it soon! can’t wait!

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - if you have a blog, please list it!